Barton Fink – final cut evaluation

screen-shot-2016-11-30-at-12-14-20

I have since finished my Barton Fink remake and exported my final cut. This blog post will be evaluating my final cut and seeing what I could improve on my work for future projects that I will be doing.

I feel that the footage that I shoot is good due to the fact that we stuck to the story board and copied the shots whilst still putting our own spin on the work by having the lighting much more darker and focus only on the character’s faces and the objects in shot e.g. the door and the desk. However some of shots of Conor talking wasn’t to high quality causing me to place jump cuts within the conversation, this isn’t a major deal but if I was to do it again I would take more time and have many attempts to get the shot right.

For the audio I feel that we did feel due to almost all of the audio that is in the film I got from sound effects online, I feel that I did well picking the right audio for the right place in time of the short film. However I feel that what I could improve on is that I feel some of the audio doesn’t sound like it is in the other room. If I had more time I would have got the audio into logic pro X and made the audio sound muffled.

Overall I feel that I have done a good edit of the short sequence, and the footage we shot working as team was effective and I feel that we worked and communicated well as group with using the lighting, the production design and operating the high tech camera with the tripod effectively to produce a short film makes sense continuity wise.

Remaking Barton Fink scene task – shooting

In this task we have been assigned we have been asked to work as a small film crew to recreate a scene from the film Barton Fink. Using lighting and proper camera equipment to get the shots right. Our team was Ethan, Tammy, Fin, Conor and Joe. We have since shot the short scene from using storyboards and the script at hand, and someone who saw the film (me) describing how it should be laid out. We also did multiple reshoots so we have a better improved film to work with. We are currently in the editing process of the short film and have not cut the final product. We are all each doing our own edits to the footage.

wp_20161123_12_24_21_pro

The problems we faced were with the lighting of the film and getting the proper lighting for the tone. We spent quite a while composing the first shot so that we would have the proper lighting and the proper arrange of the desk and the laptop. I think this task has me taught how to communicate with a group of people to shoot a short film using a high tech camera equipment with three point lighting. This has improved my skills of teamwork within the filming and making a short film from not an original idea.